|3/16/2016||Bruce Moore||Mike Hansen|
|3/23/2016||Norm Grail||Michael Gregory|
|3/30/2016||Mike Mikeska||Alanna Strong|
|4/6/2016||Jody Smith||Douglas Gable|
|4/13/2016||Michael Teleha||Murray Smith|
|4/20/2016||John O’Riordan||Ed Stehel|
|4/27/2016||Forest Atkins||Alexander Goldberg|
|5/4/2016||Tim Ponter||Alanna Strong|
|5/11/2016||Brig North||Owen Bushaw|
|5/18/2016||Eileen Blute||Zach Wells|
|5/25/2016||Dan Kaiser||Brian Hannan|
|6/1/2016||Greg Wallace||Mark McAnelly|
|6/8/2016||Griffin Orr||Bruce Moore|
|6/15/2016||Mark Babb||Graham Viegut|
|6/22/2016||Tim Ponter||Janie James|
|6/29/2016||Skylar Bayman||Murray Smith|
|7/6/2016||Mark Babb||Christina Hvidsten|
|7/13/2016||Alexander Goldberg||Caleb Shi|
|7/20/2016||Sanford Denison||Skylar Bayman|
|7/27/2016||John Oliver||Greg Wallace|
|8/3/2016||Brig North||Ed Stehel|
|8/10/2016||Michael Rist||Brian Hannan|
|8/17/2016||Matthew Evans||Zach Wells|
|8/24/2016||Mike Lipari||Jean-Baptiste Wissmann|
|8/31/2016||John O’Riordan||Matthew Evans|
|9/7/2016||Griffin Orr||Jody Smith|
|9/14/2016||Forest Atkins||John Oliver|
|9/21/2016||Carlos Luna||Eileen Blute|
|9/28/2016||J. Kirk Taylor||Norm Grail|
Brig North and his wife will host the annual business party at their home on January 21st starting 6:30pm. An evite will be sent out shortly so we can get a headcount. The theme for the potluck will be “no theme potluck”. Bring what ever you like to share be it a wheel of cheese, chips and salsa, egg rolls, pizza….. The fleet will provide the plates, napkins, and cutlery. As always, BYOB.
The fleet will be electing new officers, set the racing schedule, and discuss any other business matters. Below are the fleet positions that will need to be filled with a short description. Please review the list and consider participating. If you have any questions about the positions, contact Greg Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Captain – Smile and look handsome.
- Scoring Coordinator – Inputs the weekly scores into the online service.
- Communications – Sends weekly emails to the fleet with upcoming events and news.
- Loaner Boat Program Coordinator(s) – Manages the boats and helps people get rigged. Reservations are made online.
- Webmaster – Maintains the website and post news and updates. The site uses WordPress to create and update pages.
- Treasurer – Collect dues and reimburses members for fleet expenses.
- Executive Race Committee – Schedules fleet members to race committee for the weekly series. The fleet also has quarterly assignments for both Sunday and Saturday races.
- Regatta Host Committee Chair – Organize the annual Laser regatta which is a district circuit stop.
- Social Chair – Organize the fleet dinners after each series as well as annual parties.
- Women/WOW Program Chair – Promote women in sailing by organizing activities and outreach events.
It has been a great year for Dallas Laser Fleet. We have new members joining CSC. We have members of WRBC joining us for Wednesday night racing. The new dock is under construction which will supply 16 more boat pads. Future is looking bright.
Here are the winners in 2014.
Series 1 Winners
Mark Babb, 1st
Forest Atkins, 2nd
Owen Bushaw, 3rd
Series 2 Winners
Griffin Orr, 1st
Mark Babb, 2nd
Forest Atkins, 3rd
Series 3 Winners
Sklyar Bayman, 1st
Briggs North, 2nd
Owen Bushaw, 3rd
2014 Overall Winners
Owen Bushaw, 1st
Forest Atkins, 2nd
Greg Wallace, 3rd
Top Junior Skylar Bayman
Top Woman Crista Hvidsten
Most Improved Greg Wallace
Corinthian Sailor Mark Babb
Top Rookie Don Silva
Turtle Award Don Silva
Turtle Award John Oliver
Heard through the grapevine…. well… on the veranda yesterday, that there is a really nice laser going up for sale. Any takers? Let your interest in it be known in the Laser Forum. While there, check out the Open Bic up for sale.
Step on in and have a look around. All of the racing schedules are updated. An extensive list of links on our Resource page. If you want to suggest some other links, let me know. On the right side bar, people can join our public email list, check the the weather, or go to our Fleet Forum site where pressing questions are answered. You can also post pictures in the forum too.
Share with your friends and let me know how I can improve it.